Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sunday at Namyoya Church!

Sunday was such a beautiful day! Pastor David leads such an amazing service that it made me cry! The service was about people who call themselves Christians but don't act like Jesus wants us to. It was a really good message. The songs are so beautiful and I am going to post a video! I know its not that clear but you can see how fun it is!
I couldn't believe how much people contribute to the money basket. The give so much when they have nothing! They act as a community and take care of each other even when a lot of people would declare every man for himself. It is so amazing the love that these people have for each other and for God. They are very inspiring.
After service the team decided that we were setting up shop because we were going to do something very special for the village. We washed the feet of over 200 people! We did this as a sign of respect and to show our gratitude for all of the love that these people have shown us. This ritual follows in the footsteps of Jesus who washed the feet of his disciples at the last supper. The people could not have been happier! I personally find it pretty funny that I get all the way to Africa and I am still doing pedicures! Is this some type of joke? lol I am glad that I was well prepared! It was such an honor to provide this service to such beautiful people.



















No comments: